So in February, I:
- Went on my first vacation in three years, and;
- Was robbed for the first time, and;
- Had to replace my phone, iPad, vacuum, power supply on my husband's computer, and car, and;
- Lost the cat my parents had entrusted to me up a 50-foot tree in freezing temperatures, and;
- Was really, really cold through all of it (except the vacation).
Fuck me, February.
Most of this resolved itself well enough. I can survive cold, even record cold, and while I am one of those people who finds Stuff comforting and clings to her old Stuff well beyond the point of reason because replacing it will be so disorienting and traumatic, I am intellectually fond of all the new things we've had to buy and will in time come to even like them, once they're not all new and freaky. (The new and exciting debt load, I'm, well, trying not to think about.) And yes, the cat is fine, although my only part in this, aside from finding him, was uttering a minimum of distracting screams while my brother hung at the top of a stupidly tall tree in a climbing harness and fifty-year-old tree spikes hastily scavenged from a pawnshop stuffing a freaked-out cat into a bag.* My brother is a hero of the revolution.
The only part that's still squicking me slightly is the robbery, and not for the expected reasons.